Listen To Episode #367 - Bob Burg, author of The Go Giver and Go Giver Influencer reveals strategies you can use to get more clients. These include his most-effective methods for improving brand recognition and increasing your credibility and trust in the marketplace.
Don't Let the Coronavirus Pandemic and Recession Get You Down! Today, Bob Burg Reveals How To Rise Above The Competition and Sell More In Troubled Times!
On today’s episode you’re going to learn how to rise above the competition and sell more in troubled times. Because Bob Burg, bestselling author of Endless Referrals; The Go-Giver and The Go-Giver Influencer is our guest expert. And during the interview, Burg delivered over a half-dozen “actionable” ideas you can use to get clients now.
KEN NEWHOUSE (HOST): So, Bob, let’s talk about the book you’ve written most recently, the book “Go-Giver Influencer.” That book is like the guidebook for how to rise above the competition and sell more in troubled times.
Looking back before you actually started with The Go-Giver; how did all this come about? How did these ideas come into your mind? What motivated you to write this first book and then go on to write The Go-Giver Influencer and the others?
Bob Burg (Guest):
Well years ago, I had a, a book out called “Endless referrals.” And the subtitle was: “Network your everyday contacts into sales.” So, that book was really for entrepreneurs, salespeople, and professionals. We had a lot of lawyers and accountants and dentists that utilized and benefited from it. Because it was really all about:
- Firstly, that it’s great to have a product.
- Secondly, that their service would be just fantastic at a certain skillset. But …
- Thirdly, and most-importantly, if you don’t feel comfortable with the process of going out and creating the relationships you’re in trouble.
- Lastly, relationships that lead to both direct business and referral business. Because it’s very tough to sustain a very successful and fulfilling business or practice.
That’s when I began teaching how to rise above the competition and sell more in troubled times.
While this book is almost two years old, it's message is perfect for anyone who wants to know how to rise above the competition and sell more in troubled times.
Bob Burg (Guest): So it was Endless Referrals that taught how to create those relationships that would lead to people feeling good about you. It was the first time I become known for teaching how to rise above the competition and sell more in troubled times. It was the guide for:
- Firstly, getting prospects to feel like they could trust you.
- Secondly, getting prospects to get to know and like you.
- Thirdly, and most-importantly it showed you how to get prospects to want to do business with you. And certainly, if appropriate, get them to refer you to others.
KEN NEWHOUSE (NARRATIVE:)
In March of 2020, the growth, the prosperity, the record profits came to a grinding halt. The economy faltered hundreds of thousands of businesses closed their doors permanently. Travel restrictions were put in place. Many of the people we call clients, customers and patients simply stopped spending money.
Bob Burg (Guest): But it was, you know, it was a typical how to do it book. It was the system really, uh, throughout the years though, I always read a lot of business parables and always enjoyed them, always, uh, got a lot from them, their stories.